There are several means to promote classroom learning and information processing. Find an article that discusses specific strategies/ tools you could use to promote the learning process, and critique
There are several means to promote classroom learning and information processing. Find an article that discusses specific strategies/ tools you could use to promote the learning process, and critique the article as it relates to chapter 8. Two Pages.
Below is Chapter 8 Notes:
The Information Processing Theory:
– Assumptions–Information is processed in steps or stages–There are limits on how much information can be processed at each stage–The human information processing system is interactive
– Short-term memory/working memory and its control processes
• Maintenance Rehearsal (rote rehearsal, repetition):Information is repeated over and over again with no effect on long-term memory storage
• Elaborative Rehearsal(elaborative encoding):New information is related to knowledge already stored in long-term memory
Short-term memory/working memory and its control processes
•Putting interrelated pieces of information into chunks
•When new material can be related to information in long-term memory
Rehearsal/ Organization/Meaningful Learning/Visual Imagery
Rehearsal: prevents the quick disappearance of information from short-term memory. (Most children don’t begin to rehearse on their own until about age 7)
Organization: material broken into chunks which makes it easier to remember.
Meaningful Learning: occurs when the learner relates new information to prior ideas and experiences.
Visual Imagery: easier to recall than abstractions. (Teachers help students develop learning skills that incorporate visual imagery and other memory-aiding techniques)
Interference from Other Material:
– new material that is very similar to old material
Lack of Retrieval Cues:
– information that was part of the original material is not available later
Be sure to submit in a Word document and be sure to add a reference for the article. APA format.