The History of Health Insurance and Managed CareHealth insurance began in the early part of the twentieth century as a means to protect an organization’s assets, either its financial assets or its man
Health insurance began in the early part of the twentieth century as a means to protect an organization’s assets, either its financial assets or its manpower. Since the early days, health insurance evolved into a system of managed care in order to control issues such as overutilization, skyrocketing costs, limited restrictions, and low-quality care.
Using the Internet, search for articles on health insurance and managed care. Based on your research, summarize your findings and answer the following questions:
- Examine the main events in the history of health insurance from the mid-twentieth century to the present. Explain how these events led up to the evolution of managed care organizations.
- Evaluate the purpose of health care insurance in the early days.
- Evaluate the evolution of health insurance and managed care. What is the relationship between the two and how has managed care risen to prominence in today’s health care market?
- Explain how the perspective of health insurance has or hasn’t changed in today’s managed care environment.
- Analyze the public policy and market forces leading to the growth of managed care.
- Analyze the current trends in managed care and its future in the context of health care reforms.
Complete a minimum of 2–3-page Word document that includes requirements from the grading rubric below. Format your paper in APA to include an introduction and conclusion.
As in all assignments, cite your sources in your work and provide references for the citations in APA format.
Is this the question you were looking for? Place your Order Here