Environmental Science Over the course of the semester, we have covered topics that include everything from biogeochemical energy cycles to steam cars. We have built cities to fend off zombies by inco
Over the course of the semester, we have covered topics that include everything from biogeochemical energy cycles to steam cars. We have built cities to fend off zombies by incorporating the use of renewable energies; discussed and defined quality of life, and we have learned about new innovative ways to provide clean water to communities all over the world.
Now many years later in 2050, and the quality of life is rapidly deteriorating. The UN has created a new committee to address the environmental concerns of the world. This committee has limited funding available and will only be able to solve one of the five crises the world is facing. For this final project, you will be tasked with determining which crisis is the most important to be solved in order to save humanity.
The Five Crises options are:
1. Water Crisis
2. Population Crisis
3. Greenhouse effect/Climate Change
4. Food shortage
5. Nonrenewable resources
The following questions need to be addressed and answered in your response:
1. Which crisis is the most urgent and why?
2. Which crisis is the least urgent and why?
3. Provide three recent innovations that could help potentially solve the problem. List two issues that could arise from using these innovations.
4. How would solving your selected crisis impact the other four?
Here are the criteria:
1. The project can be completed in the following formats:
a. Create a video (minimum 5 minutes in duration)
b. Write an essay (minimum 2 pages, double spaced, Times New Roman, 12 pt font)
2. You must have a minimum of four sources/references cited in APA format.
3. You must create two infographic pieces of evidence, i.e. graphs, charts, diagrams, or maps.
4 Distinguished Learner
3 Proficient Learners
2 Developing Learner
1 Beginning Learner
All “3” criteria plus:
Two original infographics
All “2” criteria plus:
Student output will contain the impact of solving the chosen crisis on the other four
All “1” criteria plus: 3 recent innovations that could help
Listed the most and least urgent crisis and 4 references