Discussion post of 500 words followed by response on classmates discussion 150 words each. Please read instructions carefully Class mates discussion posts will be sent via message because they can onl
Discussion post of 500 words followed by response on classmates discussion 150 words each.
Please read instructions carefully
Class mates discussion posts will be sent via message because they can only be accessed after posting the initial discussion post.
- Review the rubric to make sure you understand the criteria for earning your grade.
- In your textbook, read Chapters 5 and 6.
- As you read, think about which is more valuable to you: $100 today or $110 in one year?
- To help you further understand the chapter, download and review the PowerPoint files, Chapter 5 – Introduction to Valuation: The Time Value of Money and Chapter 6 – Discounted Cash Flow Valuation.
- Watch the videos for “Time Value of Money Part I” and “Time Value of Money Part II” that are linked within the Resources section of this page.
- Navigate to the Discussion page and respond to the following prompts:
- Consider Example 5.7 in your textbook: In this example, why is $100 only worth $9.23 today?
- Discounting: If we increased the length of time involved, would this present value increase or decrease?
- Compounding: If the going rate of the savings certificate increased above 10%, what would happen to the future value of the certificate? Would it be above or below $100?
- Ethics: Is this scenario deceptive advertising? Why or why not?
- Support your position with at least one biblical principle with a specific Bible verse that you feel is relevant to the situation (explain how and why it applies).
- Your discussion should be based on the chapter readings, videos, and the Four Lens Worldview Model, as well as other resources that can contribute to the discussion.
- Your initial post should be 500 words in length and include at least one academic source that is properly cited. Your initial post is due by the end of the fourth day of the workshop.
- Respond to two of your classmates’ postings, writing as if you were reviewing their postings in an academic journal. Your discussion responses should therefore answer the following questions as applicable:
- Are your classmates’ arguments articulate and logical? Are their facts correct?
- Are your classmates’ interpretations reasonable and consistent with experts in the field? Are your classmates consistent with both the substance and intent of their references?
- Your discussion responses should not focus on whether or not you agree with your classmates, but how well they present their positions. Each response should be at least 150 words in length and cite at least one academic source. Please strive to make your discussion responses either extend the scholarly discussion in a productive direction, or offer thoughtful analysis that helps your classmates deepen their own understanding.