Carefully go over my comments and edits (tracked changes) for your previous project assignments. At this point, most of you should have received my feedback for your proposal and participants subsect
- Carefully go over my comments and edits (tracked changes) for your previous project assignments.
- At this point, most of you should have received my feedback for your proposal and participants subsection. I will be going over your results and discussion sections in the order they were received. As you know, we have many people in this class, but I will review all files and send you my feedback as soon as possible. If you are still waiting for my feedback for your last assignment, you can work on the other sections first (e.g., abstract, introduction, method, references, table, appendices).
- When working on this final paper, you may copy and paste your previous project assignments or use your previous files. However, make sure that your final submitted paper does not still contain my original comments or track changes/edits in Word. In other words, when I open your file, I should not see my own comments or track changes I made in your previous files; revise your paper properly.
- The assigned readings (particularly Chapter 16.3 of the GF textbook and Chapter 3 of the MJO textbook) are meant to help you with writing your research paper. Review them if you need.
- Go over the sample papers posted on Canvas. You can use the sample papers and examples to guide you, but you must write your paper in your own words; do NOT plagiarize, or do not simply copy and paste from other people’s work (e.g., samples/examples, articles).
Your final research paper should contain the following:
- Title page
- Method (consists of Participants, Measures, and Procedure subsections)
Do these sections look familiar to you? Yes! You have done all of them already! You just need to revise them, turn some parts of your research proposal into a research paper, and put them all together.
One of the main purposes of submitting these sections at different times is to provide you with the opportunities to improve and revise them based on my feedback for your final paper. This also gives you additional chances to get a better grade on your final paper (which is worth many points) instead of only having one shot at it.
As mentioned above, at this point, you have already done all of them. All that is left is to revise some parts and put all of them together! See this PDF for the instructions and checklist for your final paper: Final Research Paper.pdf download
You will also work on the “Response to Feedback document” along with your Final Research Paper. See the instructions for that assignment here: Response to Feedback.
Here is the grading rubric for the final research paper: Research Paper Rubric.pdf